As strawberries are in season, try this refreshing version of the classic Spanish chilled vegetable soup.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 tomato
- 1 shallot or 1/4 red onion
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional garnish: diced strawberries and mint
Roughly chop cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, red onion and strawberries.
Add vegetables and strawberries into a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to mix.
Add in balsamic vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper Process/blend mixture until pureed into desired consistency.
Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
Chill before serving. The longer the gazpacho sits, the more flavor it develops. Can be refrigerated overnight.
Before serving, garnish with diced strawberries and mint, if desired.