This was one of the favorite dishes at our recent clean eating cooking class.
By replacing traditional bulgur wheat with cauliflower, this makes a healthy and delicious salad perfect for lunch or side dish for dinner.
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Place cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice grains. (Or use a cheese grater to grate cauliflower).
Add cauliflower to a large bowl and add parsley, mint, tomato and cucumber.
For the dressing: In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
Drizzle dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or cold.