Sangria is perfect for summer parties and barbecues. Here is a recipe that will please all your guests so make a few batches as it will go quickly! Sangria is best chilled overnight to let all the flavors blend together.
- If using berries such as strawberries, raspberries or blackberries, add these fruits when you add the club soda before serving as the fruits will become soggy if left overnight.
- If you’re not a fan of club soda, you can substitute with ginger ale.
- You can substitute with prosecco instead of wine.
- If you are using sweet or dessert wine, omit the sugar in the recipe ( unless you really like it sweet!)
- 1 bottle red or white wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 1/3 cup Cointreau or Triple Sec
- Fruits desired such as: lemon, lime, peach, pear, apple, pineapple, etc
- 1 cup club soda ( or more as desired)
- Mint for garnish (optional)
In a pitcher, combine all ingredients except for club soda and mint.
Chill in the refrigerator for few hours or overnight.
Before serving, add club soda and mix well. Garnish with mint, if desired.