Easy football shaped tart with your favorite pizza toppings. Puff pastry was used for this recipe but you can also use pizza dough. If you prefer various toppings, make individual tarts or pizzas.
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed (or pizza dough)
- Marinara Sauce / Pizza Sauce
- Shredded mozzarella or any other cheese desired
- Topping: pepperoni, salami, cooked sausage, vegetables, herbs, etc
- 1 egg beaten with a Tablespoon of water
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Unfold pastry sheet and roll out into a rectangle shape. Cut into a football shape using a pizza cutter or knife.
Score a 1/2 inch border using a pizza cutter or knife, making sure not to cut through the bottom (omit this step if using pizza dough). Top with marinara sauce, cheese and toppings desired inside the 1/2 inch border. Use excess dough to make individual strips and place in the center for the football lacings.
Brush the edges with the egg wash (omit step if using pizza dough).
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown (or bake according to pizza dough instructions)