Brie wrapped in puff pastry with pecans, brown sugar and cranberries and baked until the cheese is gooey! The perfect appetizer for your holiday gathering!
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 wheel brie cheese ( about 7-8 inches round)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tablespoon of water
- crackers or fruit for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Place puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place brie in the middle of the pastry sheet and top with brown sugar, nuts and cranberries.
Wrap pastry sheet around brie, trimming off any excess, if needed. (Reserve excess pieces for decoration).
Optional: cutout decorations from remaining pastry using a knife or pizza cutter and arrange on top. Get creative!
Brush top and sides of pastry sheet with egg and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand about 20 minutes to allow cheese to set. Serve with crackers or sliced fruit such as apples or pears.