A crowd favorite for your Super Bowl party. You can assemble the poppers in advance and refrigerate until ready to bake. If you have kids or want a milder version, substitute with mini sweet peppers ( sold in bags).
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( or Mexican blend)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 jalapeño chiles, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 slices bacon, cut in thirds
- Paprika or chili powder ( optional)
Heat oven to 375°F.
Cut jalapeños in half, length-wise and remove seeds. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic.
Spoon filling into each jalapeño half. Cut each bacon slice into thirds and wrap 1 piece of bacon around each pepper and secure with a toothpick.
Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle spice desired on top of peppers.
Bake 25 minutes or until bacon is crispy.